Monday, October 16, 2017

Week 3 Blog Forum

Topic 1:

One of the two subjects I could shoot is a friend of mine named Troianne Wilkinson. She is an art student at LBCC and an avid painter. I think the best environment to get photos of her would be in her personal art studio with props like an easel and paint brush. I work with her at Fred Meyer and run into her at LBCC from time to time and could easily schedule a time to shoot.

The other subject could be Chessie Alberti. I have some newer ideas on how I could shoot photos and improve on the ones I took for my article. The best environment would be the Writing Center with props like an essay or other types of papers. I have her email so it's possible to contact and schedule a time to shoot with Chessie, she's pretty busy so it would be difficult to find a time.

Since I've already scheduled a shoot with Troianne she will definitely be the subject of the profile.

Topic 2:
This is my favorite photo because I was able to capture the event
that I was shooting as well as the great expression on the subject's face.
This is my worst photo because it is way too soft on the focus. I also
couldn't get the subject's name so the closeup is pretty much useless.
I need to replace this one with a different closeup from the event
I went to. 
I would say I need to improve my shot framing and timing. There are times where I have a potentially great photo from the project I'm working on because the subject is doing something interesting. But I take a second to try to set up the shot and the subject's pose, for lack of a better word, that I found interesting is gone. I need to learn to be able to take the shot and not try to frame it so much to get the "perfect photo" because the perfect shot can always be found through editing later so long as I get the interesting shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo J Assignment #9: Photo Story

Isaac Newton (Right),  Director of the student run production of "The Acor's Nightmare" consults with actor Jake T...